When MGM Grand Las Vegas last renovated, they introduced “Stay Well” rooms that are designed to “… help guests reverse jetlag; reset the body’s internal 24-hour clock and regulate melatonin levels to promote better sleep; incorporate an advanced water filtration system which infuses Vitamin C into shower water; and offer healthy food and beverage options” according to a statement release by MGM Grand. Perhaps most surprisingly is these rooms are offered at a reasonable price and are included in promotional deals.
Located in the hotel’s main tower, the MGM Grand Las Vegas Stay Well Rooms are 42 rooms offering 12 health and wellness features including:
- Advanced Room Lighting which improves the body’s internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
- Wake Up Light Therapy exposing guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- LED lamps designed to illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
- Dawn Simulator Alarm Clocks gradually awakening the body
- Vitamin C Shower Infusion providing shower water infused with Vitamin C which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
- STAY WELL Air Purification System which is the most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
- Aromatherapy – optional aroma infusion for STAY WELL guests.
- Water Filtration System to reduce disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
- EMF Protection protecting STAY WELL guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- Photo-Catalytic Coating to break down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
- Cleveland Clinic exclusive access wellness software which includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, as well as access to healthy food/drink options developed by the Cleveland Clinic, which guests can use for up to 60 days after their stay
- STAY WELL Channel providing an educational video on the features in the room
Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand believes health and wellness is something guests do not want to leave behind when on vacation “We know our guests come to Las Vegas to escape and unwind, but we also know that an increasing number of them are looking to take their wellness lifestyle ‘on the road’ as an extension of their daily, healthful lives at home, The MGM Grand Las Vegas Stay Well Rooms rooms provide an unprecedented opportunity for a complete wellness hotel experience.”
Those already into healthy lifestyles are likely to view this as a necessity and some corporations may even foot the bill for the upgrade for their employees viewing it as a sound investment in health and wellness.
Somewhat surprisingly, the rooms are only an additional $30 more than MGM Grand’s regular priced rooms. A great deal for a relaxing experience in Las Vegas.
Book your stay at MGM Grand and enjoy a Stay Well Room.