EXPERIENCE REAL HUMAN BODIES
Experience real human bodies presented in dramatic and compelling environments at REAL BODIES at Ballys. An authentic, original bodies exhibition on human anatomy. Now enhanced with the latest information on COVID-19.
Imagine Exhibitions proudly presents REAL BODIES at Bally’s, a highly original and thought-provoking exhibition of human anatomy at Bally’s Las Vegas.
Digging deeper into the beauty of the body, mind and soul than any other exhibition of its kind, REAL BODIES at Bally’s invites visitors to discover the elegance, complexity, and mystery of their own bodies as they examine the unbelievable anatomical systems that comprise human life. Beyond the fascinating realities of the human physical form, REAL BODIES at Bally’s also presents the historical, cultural, and emotional context of the human body—inspiring a sense of wonder and awe at the ways in which all humans experience their time on this earth.
Seen by millions worldwide, this powerful exhibition presents a stunning display of more than 20 real, perfectly preserved human bodies and more than 200 anatomical specimens. The exhibition pushes boundaries while seamlessly blending art, science, and emotion as a museum of the self. REAL BODIES at Bally’s reveals the deep synergy between breathing, hunger, the rhythm of the heart, love, motion, and thought that makes each person unique.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE AT REAL BODIES AT BALLY’S:
- View dramatic and moving displays that take complex anatomical systems and present them in an approachable fashion
- Examine real human bodies and anatomical specimens up close in a way that helps you to get to know your own body
- Discover the fascinating ways that the human body has been viewed across history and culture
- Come away with a deeper understanding of how various anatomical systems work together to comprise the human experience
- Learn about human biology, anatomy, medicine, psychology, cultural studies, and philosophy
- Feel an emotional and spiritual connection to your own body, as well as humanity as a species, by getting an inside view of the human anatomy that few have experienced
- REAL BODIES at Bally's is the perfect place to learn the latest science-based information about how the novel coronavirus impacts the human body.
WHY VISIT REAL BODIES AT BALLY’S:
- Conveniently located in the center of the Las Vegas Strip, with easy access to other attractions, casinos, shows, restaurants, monorail, and parking
- Includes art installations from talented, local Las Vegas artists, including:
- An ancient anatomist study with unique specimens both human and animal
- The Fan Wall
- Wall of Bones
- Kinetic sculptures (sculptures that move)
- Catacomb style recreated environment and wedding chapel
- Love locks on the fence
- 3-D printed SARS-CoV-2 models
- The most detailed dissections and highest quality specimens of any human bodies exhibition
- A great value for a once-in-a-lifetime experience
HOW THE SPECIMENS ARE PRESERVED:
Each of the specimens featured in REAL BODIES at Bally’s has been carefully and respectfully preserved by a team of experts using a scientific method known as polymer preservation, or plastination. This revolutionary process uses liquid silicon rubber to prevent the natural process of decaying, and follows several steps:
- The specimen is dissected to feature specific systems and anatomical structures.
- The dissection is immersed in acetone to extract all bodily fluids.
- After dehydration, the specimen is placed in a silicone polymer bath and sealed within a vacuum chamber.
- Under vacuum, the acetone is displaced by the polymer, which then penetrates the specimen to the deepest cellular level.
- When the silicone polymer hardens, the permanently preserved specimen, structures intact, is ready for examination and study.