Want to go swimming next to a memorial for Bugsy Siegel? The Flamingo Las Vegas’ pool is the place to be! This hotel did things right when it came to its pool complex. It has two inviting pools and both close at 7 p.m. in the summer months. There is a lower level pool for families and children and an upper level pool, which is heated, strictly for adults. The hotel is older when compared to other Las Vegas resorts, but this doesn’t mean the fifteen acre pool at The Flamingo lacks great amenities.
The Flamingo pool deck has a Grotto, numerous water slides, relaxing poolside massages, and even a fantastic tennis court located close by. The Las Vegas pool standards, such as complimentary towels and chairs, are available for all guests. The pool deck has a café with cheap food and perfectly priced drinks, but these amenities are not the main attraction for guests from around the world! It is the wildlife that puts The Flamingo’s pools on the map! The Flamingo pools are located next to a wild-life habitat. Flamingos and Silver Pheasants are just a glance away from poolside visitors. And, guests will often see a newlywed couple taking photos against the resort’s lush, tropical landscape.
The Flamingo Las Vegas Pools has an adult side too. The Go Pool is 21+ and always has a DJ on hand to set the right mood. Cabana rentals include a VIP host, security safe, and chilled towels. A complimentary bottle of liquor, with three mixers, is provided to any group renting a cabana at the hotel’s Go Pool.
The Flamingo’s tropical paradise, live animals and all, really offers a secret escape for adults and children alike. Both pools at The Flamingo provide the perfect setting for a day outdoors in the scorching Las Vegas heat. The hotel did a great job setting up inimitable surroundings amongst affordable amenities.
Flamingo Pools – Fast Facts
• Number and size of pools: In its pool area, the Flamingo features a lower Lagoon Pool, which is family-friendly and the upper Go Pool, an adult-only pool.
• Indoors or outdoors: Outdoors.
• Heated: Upper pool heated to 80 degrees (seasonal).
• Hours: Summer hours: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Sunday – Thursday); 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Friday – Saturday); Slide hours: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Cabana and daybed hours: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.. (Sunday – Thursday); 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Friday – Saturday).
• Towel service: One towel per guest.
• Jacuzzi: Two.
• Food/Drink service: Food and beverage service is available at the Flamingo Beach Club Cafe, open seasonally.
• Chairs and chaises: Provided, but cannot be reserved.
• Cabanas: Yes. Cabanas include accommodations for up to six people and come with overhead fans, telephones, internet access, cable TV, towels, padded lounge chairs, six ice-rolled towels, six complimentary waters, plasma TV, safe and a personal cabana attendant. Cabanas and daybeds are available daily. To book a cabana or daybed, call (702) 697-2888.
• Inner tubes, rafts or other pool toys for rent: Rafts are available for $10/day on weekdays and $15/day on weekends. Complimentary life jackets are provided. Outside rafts and/or water wings are not permitted in pool area.
• Amenities: A maze-like series of water slides is open during the summer season, and a shaded grotto offers visitors respite from the heat. Massages are available daily. Tennis courts are also available for matches and lessons. A pro shop is adjacent to the courts. Table games are open to the public. Visitors must be at least 18 years old to visit GO Pool and 21 to gamble. Table games are open daily from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.