The exquisite pool at Mandalay Bay is unlike any other on the Las Vegas Strip. Mandalay Bay Las Vegas Beach combines elements of sand, surf and gambling within its eleven acres designated specifically for pool goers.
Mandalay Bay Las Vegas Beach has three pools, a Lazy River, a Wave Pool, a jogging track, and over two thousand tons of real beach sand! Visitors will feel as if they stepped into a five star Southern California resort from the moment they arrive at the pool deck. Hotel guests will discover the pool is easily accessible from any hotel floor at Mandalay Bay. An elevator delivers guests directly to the pool’s main entrance and an attendant provides each person with a complimentary towel.
Mandalay Bay Beach is a great attraction for families. Guests of the hotel are allowed into the pool area fifteen minutes prior to opening. This is a plus as seating near the beach can become competitive fast. There are no lockers available to rent at Mandalay Bay Las Vegas Beach. Pool wear with a zipper is encouraged to prevent losing room keys or identification. There is a pool shop offering sunscreen, tanning oils and inflatable tubes for the Lazy River. The inflatable tubes run less than fifteen dollars – depending on size. Inflatable tubes are not required to enjoy any of the three pools or the Lazy River. Across from the pool shop is an outdoor restaurant. The menu features affordable burgers, chicken fingers, and other appropriate poolside entrees. Cocktail service for alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is available too.
Mandalay Bay Beach has a separate pool for toddlers. The kiddie pool sits next to the wave pool, allowing children to safely enjoy the tail end of its exhilarating body surfing waves. By the way, the wave pool has a strict height requirement enforced by the resort’s lifeguards. The family orientated beach zone has an adult side too. Mandalay Bay Beach is encompassed by The Beachside Casino and Moorea Beach Club. Both the casino and beach club require visitors to be 21+.
Mandalay Bay Beach does offer private cabanas fully equipped with safes, televisions, and catering options. Pricing for each cabana depends on its location. However, large groups and families will find the expense is worth the designated seating and extra services.
The downsides to Mandalay Bay Beach are few. Visitors will find the pool’s fun-in-the sun theme truly mirrors a day at the beach – but with more perks!
Mandalay Bay Beach – Fast Facts
• 11-acre tropical water environment featuring more than 2,700 tons of sand
• Signature 1.6-million-gallon wave pool capable of waves up to six feet high
• Also features lazy river, four swimming pools, jogging track, private gazeboes, cabanas and beach bungalows
• Three-tiered Beachside Casino offers the open-air Beach Bar & Grill on the first level, the only climate-controlled poolside gaming in Las Vegas on the second level, and the contemporarily designed exclusive Villas Soleil – or sun villas – on the third
• Annual summer concert series held on outdoor stage overlooking wave pool
• Moorea Beach Club, a “top-tional” pool experience, offers lounges, daybeds, opium beds, private pavilions, dipping pools and its own poolside bar; entrance fee applies; guests 21 and older; open to non-hotel guests as availability allows
• Pools are outdoors including three jacuzzi tubs, two of the pools are heated
• Mandalay Bay Beach is open to hotel guests from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. East and South Lagoon open based on overall occupancy. Moorea Beach Club is open Friday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
• Towels provided by the hotel available at the pool
• Chairs provided by the hotel available at the pool
• Approximately 40 cabanas ranging from $200 – $1,800 depending on the location and type of cabana
• Mandalay Beach features two restaurants and two cocktail bars. A shop located near the wave pool sells jewelry, T-shirts, sunglasses and beach bags, as well as sunscreen and refreshments. The boutique Pearl Moon, located outside Spa Mandalay, sells sandals, swimwear and jewelry. There is also a European sunbathing pool area available, the adults-only Moorea Beach Club, which features dipping pools chaise lounges, daybeds and private pavilions. Guests can enjoy poolside spa treatments and must be 21 years old. Mandalay Beach’s newest addition includes a three-level casino featuring its own restaurant, gaming and cabanas complete with a private pool.